When is personal information collected?
- The only time the site collects any personal information that identifies you directly is when you complete the enquiry form within the ‘Contact Page’ and submit it.
What personal information is collected?
Only the information needed to enable Karen to respond to your enquiry.
- Email address
- Telephone number (should you choose to leave it)
What do we do with it?
- Respond to your initial enquiry. (If formally commissioned then there is a further policy notice which will be included in the contractual terms and conditions)
- Arrange appointments.
- Internal record keeping.
Where do we keep it?
- Personal details received electronically, via email software, are stored on a PC. We do not use cloud storage.
- Personal details collected physically on paper documentation are stored on secure premises.
How is your information protected and who has access to it?
- Access to either electronic or physical information is restricted to Karen Chamberlain.
- The personal computer is password protected and has the appropriate level of security software.
- The paper records are kept in a dedicated personal office environment with suitable physical safeguards.
How long is it kept?
- For as long as necessary to fulfil the actions above. (Where payment has been received UK Tax Laws require records to be kept for a minimum of 5 years after the 31 January submission)
Is your personal information shared with anyone?
- No. Not in the initial enquiry stages. (When we move forward to either consultation work or a design commission involving other professional services (surveyors, contractors, suppliers etc) your consent will be required before passing on your details.)
- Your personal details will never be sold or leased to third parties and will not be disclosed without your consent, unless required by law to do so.
Links to other web sites: Through this website you can link to other websites such as Facebook, Linked in, Instagram and to the site designer. These sites are not under the control of Karen Chamberlain Garden Design and so we have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites and cannot be held responsible for any information you provide during your visit to them. The inclusion of these links does not imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Please contact Karen on 01206 369333 with any questions, comments or issues about this privacy statement.