Low Maintenance Planting Plans
Even a small garden can include over 200 plants, so it’s no surprise that most people need help in choosing what’s best for their own garden. We’re regularly asked to prepare beautiful, yet low maintenance planting plans, for our clients’ gardens, although we’re more than happy to prepare planting plans for high-maintenance gardens too!
Selecting the plants
As our client all you have to do is tell us your favourite colours. From this we will plan a collection of plants that will thrive in your garden and create an attractive yet manageable display throughout the year. If you’d prefer to give us free reign over the selection process, we will only choose award-winning plants. Those that have been awarded the highest accolade a plant can receive – The Royal Horticultural Society’s (RHS) Award of Garden Merit. This means the plants have been rigorously tried and tested to be both aesthetically pleasing and all-year-round pleasers.
Planting plans are usually prepared as part of our full design service. However, if you are satisfied with the overall layout of your garden, but feel the planting is letting it down, then we are happy to work on just this aspect.
Planting plans – what a typical project involves
- Site dimensions, soil type and environment analysis.
- Consideration of a palette of plants appropriate to your brief and garden environment.
- Preparation of a fully detailed and scaled plan, showing the position and full botanical name of each recommended plant.
- A plant list and details of our favourite retail nurseries, ideal for those wanting to do their own shopping.
- A colour printout of each recommended plant to help you identify the selection.
- A CD of images for your future reference.
- Maintenance advice to help keep your garden in order.