- Qualification courses
Qualification in Garden Design (NCFE Level 1)
- Next Start Date: 6th January 2014
- Duration: 24 weeks
- Time: Classes are held on Monday mornings (10am-12.30) and evenings (7pm-9.30) (excluding school and public holidays)
- Location: The Adult Community College in Colchester, Wilson Marriage Centre, Colchester, Barrack Street, Colchester, Essex, CO1 2LR
- Full fee: £279.00
- To book: please contact the college directly on 01206 798488 or to book on line click here (enter the course code, open the course details and the ‘enrolment’ icon appears)
- Course Codes: EWM1A47 (am) EWM1C44 (pm)
This course is for those who would like to explore the process used by professional garden designers to transform a space into a garden. You will build a portfolio of work which when successfully completed is equivalent to a GCSE qualification.
Although this course is aimed at the complete beginner it may also be the perfect follow-on course from one of the short introduction courses listed.
- The basic skills, techniques and tools used to communicate a garden design plan, (drawing to scale, plan drawing, graphic symbols for hard and soft landscaping, the use of colour to enhance plan work)
- An overview of garden history, styles and themes.
- The basic design principles used in designing a new garden.
- The basic design considerations for lawns, borders, patios and paths.
- How to progress a design from setting a brief, exploring and developing ideas through to the creation and presentation of a plan drawing for a small garden. (Students will be provided with a hypothetical garden and a client brief on which to base their final design assignment. It may be possible for Students to work on their own garden/project.)
For more details or to request a course list please contact Karen.
Enrolment is via:
The Adult Community College, Wilson Marriage, Colchester, Essex CO1 2LR
Tel: 01206 798488
Website: click here